Trying to maintain healthy curly hair can be very hard, especially when you don’t have the right products for your hair. After 5 years of my natural hair journey I have found a few products that have really helped my hair stay healthy and grow. Here are the 5 best hair masks for curly hair.
This post contains affiliate links
Best Hair Masks For Curly Hair
1. Aztec Healing Clay
I first heard about Aztec healing clay on Youtube while I was searching for ways to define my curls. After watching several videos I was instantly sold and went out to buy it. I felt like I needed to buy it due to the many benefits it came with as well as defining my curls.
Pros and Cons Of An Aztec Healing Clay Mask
- Gets rid of dandruff
- Aids Hair Growth
- Clarifies hair
- Tames frizz and flyaways
- Defines curl
- Moisturises your hair
Check out my other post: 6 Amazing Benefits of Aztec Healing Clay
- It can sometimes be hard to wash out of your hair especially if it is thick and curly. However, if you take your time it will come out. To avoid this make sure the clay is not to thick and on the runnier side.
- It can also be messy to apply if you make the mask too thin so you should wear something you don’t mind getting dirty.
The first time I used the clay mask, I was quite shocked. It was the first time my hair ever felt soft and moisturised after shampoo. After that I literally used it every wash day – which was every 4 weeks until I was able to find a deep conditioner I really liked.
I think the price is very affordable especially since a little goes a long way and depending on how much you use, it will last longer than a normal deep conditioner.
This would be perfect for you if your hair hasn’t been responding to your usual products lately or you just want to try something new for your hair. Honestly, you’ll love it and you can’t really go wrong with it.
Click here to buy the hair mask that saved my hair
2. Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
I have type 4, high porosity hair so it can sometimes be a struggle to find a conditioner that actually works well for me. After watching several different Youtubers, I came to the conclusion that I needed this deep conditioner. All of them said they loved it and they would 100% recommend everyone try it.
Pros and Cons Of The Masque
- Extremely moisturising
- Makes hair super soft
- Makes hair easier to detangle
- If you have long, thick hair this mask might run out quickly if you like to use a lot of product.
This my absolute favourite deep conditioner which is my go to every single wash day and makes detangling so much easier.
It is on the pricer side but I think it is worth every penny.
Click here to buy the hair mask that keeps my hair moisturised
3. Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Treatment Masque
I actually haven’t tried this, however; I have tried the leave in conditioner and I love it. This deep conditioner has many good reviews especially for type 3 & 4 hair.
- Honestly from the reviews, this conditioner is exactly the same as the others. So expect softer hair, less breakage, easier to detangle etc
- Some people don’t like the smell, it smells a bit like play dough
- The container is on the smaller side so it might run out quickly
Since a lot of people say they regularly come back to this mask, I would say it is worth the price despite how little the is in the container.
Click here to buy this fantastic hair mask
4. Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment
I have high porosity hair which means I need a lot of protein to maintain my hair’s health. Therefore, having a good protein treatment is really important for me. This is just what works for me but most people with curly hair should try to do a protein treatment every 4-6 weeks. That is why I bought this treatment for my hair.
- Your hair should feel stronger than before and this should help to stop your hair breaking therefore leading to faster hair growth.
- Some people are protein sensitive which means that doing this treatment could lead to protein overload which is bad for your hair. If your not sure whether this applies to you, I would recommend doing a strand test before hand to see how your hair feels.
The main thing I would recommend is following the instructions exactly. If you don’t it most like won’t work for you or go terribly wrong.
Click here to buy the hair mask that strengthen my hair
I personally have not tried these conditioners as I have found ones that really work for me so I haven’t tried anything else. However, they are also loved hair masks and held at a high value in the natural hair community.
Click here to check out Maui Moisture
That’s all for today! Thank you so much for reading about some of the best hair masks for curly hair and I hope that one of these hair masks can really help you. Comment below which one you are going to try
Read my other posts:
6 Amazing Benefits of Aztec Healing Clay
10 Cute and Stylish Hairstyles for Natural Curly Hair
How To Grow Your Hair Using Aloe Vera Gel
7 Essential Oils That Are Amazing For Hair Growth
The 10 Best Face Masks For Acne That Will Save Your Skin
A Detailed Aztec Healing Clay Review For Skin & Hair – Is It Really Worth It ?
The Best Eyeshadow Palettes For Cheap Prices That Everyone Needs
10 Staple Clothing Accessories You Must Have In Your Wardrobe
A Guide To Aesthetic Fashion – Everything You Need To Know