As I have said before Fashion is an art. And the only way it can fully be expressed is through your own personal style and self-confidence. Without them you will never be able to feel amazing in what you wear. So, I asked 6 fashion experts what they thought about this topic. Here is what they told me:
- What are your tips for creating your own style
- What is the best way to always feel good in what you wear?
Personal Style and Self-Confidence Answers:
Blog: A few British moments
- Chose what you are comfortable in.
- Wear something comfortable
Name: Pamela Dittman
Blog: Geek Refined
- Find a couple of style icons, either through celebrities, Instagram, pinterest, etc. And then adopt their styles into something you are comfortable in. The end goal is making yourself feel self confident and fabulous in your own skin!
- Wear clothes that fit well on your body. Get a good tailor. Nothing makes you feel bad like pulling and tugging on your clothing
Name: Leanne Blackmon
Blog: Classy Yet Trendy
- Wear what you love, 2. Depend on basic essentials, 3. Use 2 or 3 accent colors that look great on you
- Make sure your clothes fit you well and that they are comfortable.
Blog: Life’s a Catwalk
- Embrace your shape and dress to highlight your favourite feature.
- Ignore the size of your outfit, just pay attention to how it fits. If something fits you well you will feel confident in it.
Name: Melissa Russell
Blog: Simple Lionheart Life
- First, get clear about what you like wearing and feel your best in. Look at your clothes and pick out your favourite pieces that you wear most often. What do they have in common? Are they similar in style and/or colour? Look for similarities to start identifying common themes of the clothes you look and feel your best in. This will help you start to discover your own style and what you love.
- I am a big fan of capsule wardrobes – a small, but carefully chosen selection of clothes that you absolutely love and can mix and match together. A capsule wardrobe lets you dress in your favourite clothes all the time. When you only own your favourite items that you look and feel your best in, it makes it so much easier to get dressed and look and feel your best!
Name: Holly Herbig
Blog: Vintage Courage
- Trust your gut. Style is less about what looks great on the outside (because so many style choices look great!) and so much more about how you FEEL wearing that style. If you see a piece of clothing that sings to you or makes you smile, put it on! Imagine how you would feel every day if your whole closet was filled with these pieces?!
- (I answered this a bit above!)
Having personal style and self-confidence is essential when you are wearing clothes. Without them you can’t enjoy fashion the way it should. I hope these tips from these fashion experts helped you and you are able to build your own personal style and self-confidence. That is all for today. Make sure you check out all of these amazing blogs for more spectacular content. I hope you have a good day.
Check out my other posts:
Comment Share and Subscribe
Until next time