As teenagers (or adults) pimples are something that comes and goes; sometimes even stay. We try our hardest to get rid of them quickly, however they always come back to hunt us. Despite that, they are many ways and treatments that can help this problem. These can come from natural remedies or product that have been made. If you want to know how to get rid of pimples quickly read on.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to get rid of pimples quickly:
What Causes Pimples?
Pimples happen when pores become clogged with sebum and dead skin.Why they affect some people more than others is largely unknown. Although there has been some research about this matter and many people say it can also be to with: Hormones, Extra sebum, Follicle fallout, and Bacteria Inflammation.
Acne only exists when the pores on your skin become filled up with dead skin, bacteria and oil. Each pore on your skin is the start to a follicle and this is where it all begins. The follicle is consists of a sebaceous (oil) gland and a hair. The oil gland releases sebum (oil), which moves up the hair, out of the pore, and onto your skin. The sebum keeps your skin soft. Acne can be caused by one or more problems in this process. It can occur when: too much oil is produced by your follicles, dead skin cells accumulate in your pores or bacteria build up in your pores. All of these problems contribute to the development of pimples and that is the problem we are trying to fix.
IS THERE ANY WAY TO CLOSE MY PORES?
There is no way to close pores; the only way is to shrink it. This could be done by cooling your face with aloe vera or ice. You could also try a chemical peel which helps regulate your glands to stop producing excess sebum which enlarges your pores.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I WASH MY FACE TO MAINTAIN CLEAR SKIN?
You should wash your face 2x a day and especially at night-time. This saves you time from scrubbing your face in the morning and stopping you from irritating your skin. Instead, you should exfoliate every 3 days to get rid of dead skin and excess oil.
CAN I TREAT ACNE IF I HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN?
Sensitive skin responds to harsh treatment by making oil. The wrong acne treatment on sensitive skin can make acne worse. If you have sensitive skin, it is very important to use only very mild concentrations of benzoyl peroxide.
HOW DO I FIX ACNE SCARRING?
There are many ways to help fix acne scarring including medication and chemicals. However, I will state some natural remedies that you could try. Products like aloe vera, baking soda, coconut oil, honey and rose hip seed oil are very beneficial for healing scars.
Different types of Acne:
The following are common types of acne:
A small whitish elevation of the skin (as on the face) due to retention of sebum and dead skin cells in a skin pore blocked by a thin layer of epithelium.
Any solid bump or node that you can feel just beneath your skin is a nodule.
A small plug of darkened sebum and dead skin cells that fills a pore of the skin especially on the face
A small inflamed elevation of skin that is nonsuppurative
Pustules, which are commonly called pimples
A small hard inflamed spot on the skin.
A membranous sac or cavity of abnormal character in the body, containing fluid.
Each type of acne lesion requires a different treatment. Receiving accurate treatment can reduce the risk of long-term skin problems, such as dark spots and scarring.
Essential oils are very popular today for solving acne problems and are perfect for the skin. Through ongoing research into the chemistry and therapeutic opportunities that essential oils offer, more doors are opening to holistic treatment. The problem with growth and popularity is that there is little proper guidance on how to use these wonderful oils safely and effectively. Essential Oils have many anti-inflammitory properties which are beneficial for the skin and defiantly answer the question ‘how to get rid of pimples quickly’.
Tea Tree essential oil is made from the leaves of the tea tree(no surprise there). This plant is native to Australia and it is a well-known essential oil. It can be used for its healing benefits, used for cleaning if mixed with water, and way more! It was found to have mild antimicrobial properties, although it is still thought of as an alternative medical treatment.
- Anti-inflammatory (it will help reduce redness, irritation, and swelling – which will help shrink pimples faster)
- Anti-bacterial / antiseptic (prevents infection)
- Solvent (can breakup the build up of oil, dirt or debris clogging your pores)
Where you can buy it?
Lavender essential oil made by distillation from the flower buds of certain species of lavender. Most commonly known for its relaxing effects on the body, therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin.
- Lavender oil helps with the skin damage resulting from acne, as some believe the oil can accelerate the healing of scars by promoting the formation of scar tissue in damaged skin.
- It also reduces redness caused by skin inflammation, and irritation.
- Lavender has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties.
Where you can buy it?
Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from lemon rinds(peel) but not the inner fruit. It is made up of many natural compounds, including aldehydes, alcohols, esters, sterols and many more. It is quite popular because of it has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting.
- Lemon essential oil helps to control oil production and minimize breakouts.
- It helps with scarring by regenerating skin cells, smoothing fine lines and improve skin elasticity.
- Lemon essential oil helps to fight acne. It is great for oily skin as it is a natural astringent that does not dry the skin too.
Where you can buy it?
You can buy Lemon Oil from Healing Natural Oils, with so many other oils that are amazing for your skin. Check out my other post: 5 Organic Essential Oils that are amazing for your health, for more information about this oil.
How To Apply the Oils:
Before you can do this you need to know how to use them safely:
- Do not use essential oils internally.
- Do not apply directly to skin; always dilute with carrier oil.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not use citrus oils before exposure to UV light.
- Use only pure essential oils; avoid synthetic fragrances.
- Do not use essential oils on infants, children, pregnant women, the elderly, or those with serious health problems, without advanced medical study.
- Avoid prolonged exposure without ventilation.
- Store essential oils and carrier oils properly to avoid degradation and rancidity.
Check out this website for more information: The Safe Use of Essential Oils
You can use essential oils by adding them to a carrier oil (like coconut oil) to dilute them and make them safe to use. After this you can apply this to your face. You can also inhale them by using a steamer. Please do some more research so you fully understand how to use them without any problems. Essential oils can help get rid of pimples quickly.
Aloe vera is used in Ayurvedic medicine, aloe is often used to treat inflammatory skin conditions, like psoriasis, acne and eczema. The aloe vera plant actually is filled with natural ingredients that make it so good at treating pimples and helps to get rid of acne fast. It can help reduce redness in skin, which is perfect for anything acne related. It also has polyphenols and other antioxidants that may have some anti-bacterial perks, which will help fight against acne-producing bacteria, says Fine.
You can use aloe vera by incorporating it into your daily skin care routine. You can make it into a mask or add a little bit to certain parts of your face. It is always better to have the plant instead of something store-bought. This ensures that it is natural and has all the added benefits.
Steaming your face has surprising benefits for acne which I don’t think may people know about. Here are the benefits.
- Healthy skin cells – by improving your circulation and efficiency of blood flow to your skin, you are improving the rate at which oxygen and nutrients are brought to your cells, and waste products are removed from them, which in turn improves the health of your skin.
- Expels blockages – another response your skin has as you steam your face, is the pores relax and open. The steam will also encourage sweat from your pores, which can loosen and help to expel clogged pores and blackheads. The steam will soften the blockages, so even if they do not come out of their own accord, they will be easier to remove.
- Enhances treatment results – because steaming increases your circulation and the turnover within cells, you will find that you will achieve better results from topical products to put on your skin after a facial steam than before.
- Relaxation – not all spots are caused by stress, but it certainly doesn’t help. Steaming your face is extremely relaxing and can help you to decompress so that you can get a good nights sleep, improving your overall health and resilience. This may also help with stress with is linked with acne.
That’s all I have for today. Acne is something that doesn’t have to rule your life, we can find a way to defeat it. Make sure you try one of these 3 methods to get rid of your pimples in less than a week. Make sure you click my links to buy the products or read more information. I hope you enjoyed.
Check out my other posts:
Comment Share and Subscribe
Until Next Time